New Year’s is a fantastic time to set new goals and objectives for yourself and for your home. Acting like a blank slate, the beginning of the year is always a breath of fresh air, providing you with a new start! Do you have specific resolutions you’d like to make this year? Here’s a list that will help make this year the best one yet!
1. Declutter your space. Nothing brings sweet satisfaction quite like decluttering and streamlining all your stuff. Is it broken? Haven’t touched it in over a year? Never wear it? Get rid of it! For things that are still great but you just don’t want anymore, consider donating it to a family in need or your local donation center. Invest in smart storage solutions to keep everything else organized. A beautiful, organized home allows you to relax and focus on other important things!
2. Ensure your home is safe. Make sure that your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are up to date. Clean out the area between your dryer and the dryer hook-ups to ensure that no lint is trapped, reducing the risk of a house fire created by the build-up. Whatever you and your family deem important to secure your home, make a pledge to do it at the beginning of the year in order to keep your home safe!
3. Set up a cleaning schedule. Routine is key in keeping a household running. Establish daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules in order to stay on top of it all! Here is a great resource to get you started.
4. Pick a room to update. Select one room that you’d like to freshen up and let your imagination run wild! You don’t have to break the bank to make beautiful changes. In the guest room, switch out your window treatments (maybe in Pantone’s color of the year), craft a sweet and thoughtful guest tray, and add a luxurious throw to the foot of the bed. A few simple changes can make a world of difference- take it one room at the time!
5. Keep yourself and your home healthy. Take care of yourself by taking vitamins, drinking lots of water, and eating healthy foods that will boost your immune system and help you fight off illness. In equal measure, sanitize your home to protect yourself and your family from germs.
Has this list got you thinking of New Year’s resolutions for your home? We hope this is just the beginning of a fantastic year for you and your family! If you’re in the market for a beautiful, available new home in Raleigh this year, check out our new home communities in the Triangle that are perfect for you! Contact us with any questions. Cheers to 2018!